Here are cafe-bars around the Lazio region that serve my favourite Italian coffee brands, and/or have a nice atmosphere or something attractive about them – in no particular order other than by province… And not to be confused by the word ‘bar’ since cafe-bars in Italy also sell alcoholic beverages.
- Bar Pompi, Ronciglione (serves Illy coffee & tiramisu).
- Bar Rio Vicano, Ronciglione/Lake Vico.
- Bar Vico Matrino, Vico Matrino/Lake Vico (a tiny place near a countryside train crossing, serves Fida coffee).
- Cafe 23, Civita Castellana (opposite Forte Sangallo, serves Fida coffee).
- Quinzimoto Cafe, on the outskirts of Viterbo (serves Illy coffee and hires out Ducati motorbikes daily, weekends or weekly).
- BuBaCa, central Viterbo (for burgers, American pastries, coffee).
- Fida, Marta (home of Fida coffee – buy directly here at their headquarters).
- Il Caffè di Palazzo Frigo, Montefiascone (I can’t recall which coffee they serve but I like the decor and the pastries).
- La Violetta, Canino (situated on a cute piazza with fountain and outdoor seating; further along there is another bar Al Giardino which serves Fida coffee and has some sort of bicycle rental point close by).
- Capolinea Caffè, Tarquinia (panoramic view and outdoor seating).
- Bar Moderno, Vignanello (panoramic view, outdoor seating and right next to a castle)
- Bar Centrale, Vasanello (serves Illy coffee, has a nice loo and overlooks a small castle and an attractive piazza)
- Hot Shot Bar, Vitorchiano (serves Vulsinia coffee, named after the nearby mountains and volcanic complex)
- Vallelunga Park Hotel, Campagnano di Rome (love coming for early Sunday breakfast every so often, surrounded by racing memorabilia and a view of the racing circuit).
- Gran Caffè Principe di Napoli, Bracciano (love their rum baba)
- La Vela, Trevignano Romano/Lake Bracciano (love the position…soooo relaxing gazing out onto the lake from the bar’s small pier).
- Harley Caffè, Le Rughe/Formello
- Il Rifugio degli Elfi, Cerveteri old town (nice to sit outside under the sun umbrellas).
- Ostia Antica Archaeological Site Cafè (serves Paranà coffee)
- Caffè Cleri, Rieti town.
- Egidio Gran Caffe, near San Donato on Via Pontina (serving another favourite: Caffè Vergnano)